You may be enduring neck pain and wonder if all neck pain is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be accompanied by a long list of other problems. The collection of symptoms provides a clue as to why you have neck pain. Below is a list of some of the other symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck pain:
- Headache – This may take place because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that refer pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness is a sign that the muscles are trying to prevent movement so that no further damage will occur to the underlying structures of the cervical spine.
- Poor range of motion – The inability to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This symptom implies that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom indicates that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Tiredness is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Depew, NY chiropractor, Dr. Palmer, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Depew, Buffalo or Lancaster areas, call us for a session today at (716) 241-2798!