The majority of people are aware that chiropractic can help reduce back pain. However, there are some advantages of visiting your Depew, NY chiropractor regularly that are less well-known. These benefits may just make your life happier.
Advantages of chiropractic include:
- It promotes natural recovery. Whereas most other therapies involve drugs, surgical procedures, or injection therapy; chiropractic encourages your body in curing itself naturally.
- It reduces childhood otitis media. A large number of youngsters experience repeated ear infections, and are often given antibiotics. Some kids experience a drop in ear infections after receiving regular chiropractic adjustments.
- It can boost your immunity. Studies indicate that chiropractic adjustments may trigger a down regulating of pro-inflammatory cytokines and an increase in antibodies linked to the immune response. Furthermore, chiropractic can increase the production of leukocytes that support the white blood cells in fending off disease.
- It can decrease digestive troubles. If you have a difficult time with your digestive tract, routine chiropractic visits can often reduce symptoms.
- You sleep better. When you’re not sidelined with back or neck pain, your standard of sleep gets better, helping you to feel more energized and focused.
- It can lower your blood pressure. Anytime your spine is out of place, body functions -- like your blood pressure -- are not properly maintained, putting you at risk of these types of health issues.
- It can improve your balance. The more durable and healthy the spine is, the easier it is to balance, possibly preventing a accident due to poor balance like a slip and fall.
Enjoy these benefits and more when you see Dr. Palmer in Depew, NY. Call and arrange your next appointment now!
Alcantra, J and Mayer DM. The successful chiropractic care of pediatric patients with chronic constipation: A case series and selective review of the literature. Clinical Chiropractor 2008. 11 (3) 138-47.
Bakris G, Dickholtz M, Meyer PM, Kravitz G, et al. Atlas vertebra realignment and achievement of arterial pressure goal in hypertensive patients: a pilot study. Journal of Human Hypertension 2007;21:347-352.
Knutson G.A. Significant changes in systolic blood pressure post vectored upper cervical adjustment vs resting control groups: a possible effect of the cervicosympathetic and/or pressor reflex. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapy 2001;24(2):101–109.
McMasters KL, et al. Blood pressure changes in African American patients receiving chiropractic care in a teaching clinic: a preliminary study. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2013; 12(2): 55-59.
Pohlman KA, Holton-Brown MS. Otitis media and spinal manipulative therapy: a literature review. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2012;11(3):160-9.