Let’s say you have lower back pain
and live in the region around Depew, Lancaster, or Cheektowaga, NY. How do you know when it’s time to go see your chiropractor?
- When what you’re doing for your lower back pain isn’t working: Have you been trying cold or hot packs or topical salves and getting nowhere? What about aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, or other medicines for back pain? When what you’re doing isn’t working, it may indicate that something else is wrong. Don’t start worrying you have the worst possible condition, though, as an extremely low percentage of people have spine cancer. Most patients have muscle strains/sprains, disc degeneration, and sciatica, which are conditions that can be readily treated with modern chiropractic methods by Depew chiropractor, Dr. Palmer.
- When you’re feeling any nerve symptoms: Signs of nerve damage include hot and cold sensations, numbness, pain, muscle weakness, radiating pain, and feeling of ants crawling in your low back. When Dr. Palmer treats you in his Depew office, you’ll see that chiropractors have very specific and effective ways of dealing with them that are pain-free.
- When your lower back pain is greater than a rating of 3 or 4 on a 1 to 10 scale: Pain will worsen if it’s not taken care of sooner rather than later. Suppressing the pain with medications may temporarily help, but it’s not addressing the root cause. Depew chiropractor uses painless, drug-free methods to heal lower back pain.
- When you are getting nowhere with traditional treatments for your lower back pain. Medical treatments are not 100% successful for lower back pain. In fact, even back surgery is nowhere near 100% successful; there are a lot of failed surgeries for lower back pain. You may not realize it but Dr. Palmer, your Depew chiropractor, is more highly trained in musculoskeletal disorders than primary care physicians. He’s taken more coursework and clock hours of training in back pain compared to most MDs.
- When your intuition says to go see your Depew chiropractor. Listen to your gut and you’ll never go wrong. If your intuition is prompting you to see your Depew chiropractor, there’s a reason. You’ll find out after you go and get treated!
So if you're suffering from lower back pain in Cheektowaga, Depew, Lancaster, West Seneca, or Elma, NY, don't delay your relief --- contact Dr. Palmer today!