You may be suffering with neck pain and wonder if all neck pain
is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be experienced with a long list of other complaints. The collection of symptoms provides an idea of why you have neck pain. Here are some of the common symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck pain:
- Headache – This may occur because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or because of trigger points within the muscles that end up referring pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the cervical spine can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness indicates that the muscles are preventing movement so that no additional damage will occur to the fundamental structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – Not being able to turn your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This sign indicates that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision problems – This symptom suggests that injury to your neck is more than just muscle strain or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Low energy is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Cheektowaga, NY chiropractor, Dr. Palmer, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Cheektowaga, NY, call us for a session today at (716) 668-2225!